Wednesday 30 November 2011

What you can do with a set of sheets and sheeting

I went to my favorite store the other day, Winners.  I was there looking for a wedding present and found a set of beautiful red sheets.  I thought this would be a fun winter/Christmas look.  But what to put on top.  I was trying to find a white duvet cover, but couldn't.  So I decided to buy the sheets and an extra set of red standard pillow cases.  On my way home I thought, I'll stop at Marshal's fabric and see if they have any white fabric that would work for a duvet cover.  They had some beautiful 400 count white sheeting that was 120 inches wide.
I was just going to make a plain white duvet cover, but went to pinterest and found a cool pintucketed duvet cover.  So I made mine like that.  I have enough red fabric from the king sized pillow cases to make a bed runner and pillows.  I added the snow flakes to make it more Christmasy,  I love this fabric and it's so comfy to sleep in!


I also saw a cute idea at Pottery Barn in Calgary.  They hung a ladder over the bed, then strung red berries in it.  I found a cool ladder/lattice work thing, I'm going to hang it over our bed.  More pictures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment